I have never been a big fan of freezer meals (the texture always seems to change). But I decided to test out a few to try and find something we liked. The best part of making freezer meals is that you can make larger batches and make more meals without taking more time!
One of the recipes we made was this Beef and Chorizo Taco Meet. It was simple and has a ton of flavor. But the best part...after freezing, thawing and reheating it was as good if not better than it was when we first made it!
1 onion, chopped or pureed
1 red bell pepper, diced
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup beef broth
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 Aidelle’s Chorizo Smoked Chicken Sausages, diced
11/2 lb beef roast or beef chuck steak, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- Place all ingredients in an Instant pot/electric pressure cooker.
- Stir gently until combined.
- Lock lid in.
- Cook on manual (High) for 60 minutes.
- You can let it naturally release, about 10 minutes or quick release if you don’t have time.
- Shred roast/steak chunks (using two forks) if desired, removing any fatty pieces.
- Drain excess liquid if desired.
- Serve meat mixture in warmed tortillas and garnish with fresh lime juice and cilantro.
This is a great recipe to make extra and freeze for an easy future meal.
Using from freezer: Move meal from the freezer to the refrigerator 12-24 hours before you want to eat. Add ¼ cup of water to your Instant pot. Dump food into your Instant Pot. Lock in lid and cook manual, High for 5 minutes. You can quick release and serve.
Quick use from freezer: Add ¼ cup of water to your Instant pot. Thaw food enough so you can dumps it into your Instant Pot. Lock in lid and cook manual, High for 15 minutes. You can quick release and serve.
**Many of the links on this website are affiliate links. This helps us earn a small commission off those items so that we can keep doing what we love, providing the best content and support we can. Thank you for your support:)